- Science Fair Info Meeting on Thursday, December 5,2019 from 6-7 pm at school library
- Handbook for 2020 school year will be released on December 5, 2019
- 4th and 5th Grade register their project with their grade teacher.
- Registration for K-3 begins on January 8, 2020.
- Registration ends on Monday, January 20, 2020
- All completed science fair projects are due on Tuesday , January 21, 2020 at 8 am.
- Science fair viewing will take place on Thursday, January 23rd,2020 (4th Grade: 5-6pm, 5th Grade: 6-7pm, K-3: 5-7pm)
- Please consider volunteering for Science Fair by clicking here.
Regional SCIENCE FAIR Winners:
Spicewood's 2019-2020 science fair was a huge success! Our students registered over 350 science projects and they did a phenomenal job. Thanks to all the parents for working with them too! Congratulations to the 16 4th and 5th grade students who will represent Spicewood at the Regional Science Fair.
5th Grade: Ali A., Ellen L., Elly R., Emily X., EnYao Z., Jackie S., Jordan L., Romita S., Samantha J., Yonny Y.
4th Grade: Andy S., Jasper H., Josh K., Misha B., Reett A., Sameer R.
What is Science Fair?
Science Fair is an opportunity for students to apply the scientific method to conduct independent research at home. The results of each student's research is presented in a school wide science fair where the student's efforts are displayed and where students are interviewed to determine scientific merit. Students who have been judged to have used the scientific method properly and who have demonstrated thoroughness in their studies and effort are awarded prizes and our top winners in grades 3-5 are advanced to compete in the Austin Regional Science Fair.
All students in grades Kinder-5th grade are encouraged to participate. Students can do one of the following for the Science Fair:
- Experiment using the steps of the scientific method to answer a question to which you do not know the answer without testing.
- Display to show how or why something works the way it does.
- 4th and 5th grade participants can only do an experiment, not a display.
2020 Spicewood Science Fair Handbook
K-3 registration will start Jan 8th. Registration for science fair ends Monday, January 20, 2020.
For 4th and 5th grade, all details of science fair will be provided by their respective teachers in the class room. 4th and 5th grade will register their projects in class with their teachers.
All completed science fair projects are due on Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 8 am. Please send the board with your child to school. Due to judges schedule, no late entries will be accepted.
Science Fair dates for the 2019-2020 school year are Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 through Thursday, January 23th, 2020. Science fair viewing will take place on Thursday, January 23th.
Viewing times are:
- 4th grade: 5pm-6pm
- 5th grade: 6pm-7pm
- Kindergarten - 3rd grades: 5pm-7pm
Science Fair Board orders:
Spicewood PTA provides discounted boards at $3.00/ board. Science fair board order form will be available via the website starting Dec 5th. Last day to place your board order is Dec 15th.
Purchase Science Fair Boards
To volunteer or ask questions, please contact our Science Fair Chair, Manisha Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers will be needed to help with set up and judging. Thank you!
Sample display boards: