Reflections is a PTA-sponsored creative program in which your child comes up with an original creation to express this year’s theme: Heroes Around Me
- Literature (story, poem, screenplay, essay, etc.)
- Visual arts (drawing, painting, making a collage, etc.)
- Photography (a single photo, panoramic, photomontage, etc.)
- Film production (animation, documentary, narrative, etc.)
- Dance choreography (ballet, hip hop, tap, etc.)
- Musical composition (country, jazz, pop, rock, etc.)
Submit entries in the Reflections box at the school office October 1 - Oct. 26. The deadline is Friday, October 26th, 2018.
Forms and Rules may be found at http://www.txpta.org/
Children do not need to be amazing artists to do well in this competition. It’s really all about expressing the theme! Thoughtful insights, viewpoints that connect with the judges, and carefully created entries tend to shine. Judging focuses on interpretation of the theme, creativity, and artistic merit. All entries must include the “Artist Statement” as part of their entry form. This is a great time to let your child play with your cell phone, video camera, or camera, or spend time drawing, painting, writing, etc.
Entries must be the original work of the student. Judges will evaluate the work based on 3 criteria:
- How well does it express the theme?
- How original is it?
- How well is it executed?
Please note that the parent of the student entering the Reflections program must be a PTA member. Students will not want to miss this opportunity to submit an entry to this exciting and creative competition, so if you haven't joined the Spicewood PTA, please do so here.