The Clothes Closet is a service project conducted by the Round Rock Council of PTAs, which provides gently used clothing, as well as new socks and underwear, to RRISD students.
Where is the Clothes Closet located, and what are the hours of operation?
The Clothes Closet is located at Anderson Mill Elementary, in the first portable building to the right as you approach the school. It is open Tuesdays from 9:30-11:30 a.m. during the school year, and is closed on school holidays.
What are the responsibilities of a Clothes Closet volunteer?
Once a month, Spicewood volunteers are scheduled for a two-hour shift, which is always on a Tuesday morning from 9:30-11:30 a.m. During the shift, the volunteers unpack and hang donated clothing as well as assist the shift leader behind the counter if necessary, with the distribution of socks and underwear.
Clothing Donation Guidelines
Items needed include:
- Gently used tops, bottoms - especially jeans, jackets and coats.
- Clothing appropriate for students in Grades Pre-K thru 12 only which conform to RRISD dress code
- Free of stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc.
- Laundered and ready to hang (hangers are provided.)
- NEW socks and underwear. No-show socks, boxers and boxer briefs are popular with students.
- Note: Our student clients want to dress like their peers. Please take this into consideration when selecting clothes to donate.
So that we may make the most of our volunteers’ time and because of limited space, we ask that you do not bring the following items to the Clothes Closet:
- Adult clothing and career wear
- Stained, worn out clothing
- Infant & toddler clothing
- Shoes, belts and accessories
- Backpacks and lunch boxes
- Previously worn socks and underwear
- Local school spirit wear, logo shirts from places of employment, local sports leagues, churches
Who qualifies for the services of the Clothes Closet?
Vouchers, good for one school year, are issued by school nurses to families in need. A family’s need may be an ongoing one or a temporary one. Anyone who is eligible for the free lunch program also qualifies for a Clothes Closet voucher.
Please contact our Clothes Closet Chair, Caroline Williams at email@example.com.
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!